A New Year -- Time for Associations to Take Stock
As we enter into a new year, it's a good time for Associations to do a quick audit of 'what is' and make a plan for 2018. Here are some specific things to review:
1) Go through your website to:
- double check that all content is still relevant. Make sure links to third party sites and/or documents still work. Use this link checker tool: https://www.drlinkcheck.com/
- make sure you can easily find content that the public and your members are trying to find.
- review your Google Analytics to see what is your most popular content and what was least popular. This can give you ideas on how to changes things on your homepage or the navigation of your site. Hide or delete obsolete content - this can also speed up your site.
2) Review your membership:
- create a report of recently lapsed members and personally follow-up with them. Try to bring them back onboard or at least understand why they left
- review your Renewal Reminders to ensure they are up-to date.
- total up the number of new applications and renewals for the year and see how that compares to prior years - Exware clients can do this by exporting the sales summary in the Membership module.
- create and email a member satisfaction survey - keep it short and quick for best results.
- review your accounts receivable to ensure it's up to date -- Exware clients can do this in the Payments module.
3) Review your site security:
- have you added SSL to your site yet?
- if your site does have SSL, you can see if its configuration gets a passing grade by going to https://www.ssllabs.com/
- review your list of admins to ensure it's current. Archive admins no longer with you.
- make sure you have strong email passwords, particularly for generic accounts like info@ and hr@. Malicious password-guessing bots work around the clock trying to break into email accounts, so weak passwords will eventually fail.
The final step is to make a Plan for 2018:
- what are your membership retention goals?
- what are your membership acquisition goals?
- what are your membership engagement goals?
What's this mean to Exware clients?
Contact Exware to find out ways that we can you achieve your goals or how to do any of the above items.